Our promise to you:
- We will only ask you for personal data that is necessary to complete our service to you.
- We will only use your personal data to provide the service to you. Your data is not used, sold or shared for marketing, advertising or any other purpose other than simply offering our services to you.
- We will store and process your data securely to prevent unauthorised access or accidental loss of your private information.
- We will give you access to all the data that we hold on you upon request. You can also ask us to amend or permanently delete all data we hold on you.
- You can contact us at any time if you have queries or concerns about how we use your personal data. Our Data Protection Officer is Mike Gays, who can be contacted on: firstname.lastname@example.org or (239) 344-8959.
Why we need your data
The use of your data is through the contractual obligation we have to provide you with the service of relocating your pet(s). We only use your data for this purpose. All of our staff take the handling of personal data very seriously and have training in data protection.
Many countries have differing rules governing the import and export of live animals. To provide you with our service, your personal data may be used to:
- Confirm eligibility for your pet(s) entry to the country,
- Clear customs in country of destination.
- Prove your residency in either origin or destination.
- Collect or deliver your pet in origin or destination.
- Book flights and/or other transport for your pet.
What data we need
To effectively manage your pet(s) move we may require personal data and documentation including, but not limited to:
- Passport copies.
- Personal addresses in origin and destination.
- Phone numbers.
- Email addresses.
- Home lease documentation.
- Utility bills.
- Employment contracts.
- Social security number.
Failing to provide this data when requested may result in delay or inability to offer our services to you.
What we do with your data
Once we receive your data either from you or the relocation company handling your move we process and store it internally in our UK (Cambridge) office.
There will likely be a requirement to share your data with our preferred partner pet agents to have your pet(s) enter the country you are moving to. This could include the transfer of your data to countries outside of the European Economic Area. Your data is only ever shared for the sole purpose of relocating your pet, and may be required by government agencies, customs and border control, boarding facilities and airlines in order to fulfil the service to you.
Our preferred partner pet agents have all signed a partnership agreement outlining the rules governing personal data with regards to the GDPR. A copy of this can be provided upon request. The relocation company (if applicable) will also be aware of any data transfer from us to agent.
We’ll only keep your personal data as long as we need it and ensure it is securely destroyed when it is no longer required.
If, at any point, we are made aware by you or by the relocation company that any of your data is incorrect, immediate action will be taken to rectify this in our internal system and any agent we have shared data with will also be informed and instructed to amend their records accordingly.
In the unlikely event of any data breach, we will inform you, the relocation company (if applicable) and, where required, the UK's Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) immediately.
If a request is made by you or the relocation company (if applicable) your data can be sent to you in an easily read format.